15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Gone reading, USA style

34
Image from gonereading.com
Holiday times are the best of times. As always, this one feels long overdue and I couldn't be more excited. Tomorrow morning, we're heading off to Boston (Massachusetts, not Lincolnshire) for a little while before heading to Washington for another little while before flying home. So there's going to be at least some sun (weather reports are looking iffy right now so if we manage to dodge rain entirely, we'll be lucky, I think), plenty of beer and plenty of food (lobster in particular, I'm a-hoping!). There will be more than my usual volume of reading just because I'm off work and have a few long haul journeys but we'll be doing more walking and seeing than sitting and reading so a mixture is expected.

First up is the trip out, which will probably see me finish World War Z by Max Brooks.  I loved the introduction but then struggled through the next 50 or so pages.  The faux-reporter tone did make everything worryingly realistic but I felt quite detached from the whole thing.  I'm a little over a third of the way in now and I'm enjoying it much more (helped along by the fact that I'm accidentally buddy reading it with Ellie!). 

When I've finished that, I feel like something lighter might well be in order and have Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan lined up on Garfield the Kindle for just that moment.  I also have a whole host of other things, though, so time will tell!  I have just snagged The Dinner by Herman Koch for a bargainous 99p for my Kindle,which I'm dying to read after Hanna reviewed it so that'll probably be on the sooner rather than later list.  Along with We Were Liars by E. Lockhart because it also sounds like the perfect kind of gripping holiday book.  Oh, and I recently bought Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie because I've been craving some Christie and this seems as good a book as any to be my next one!

So basically, I have a lot I want to read amidst the sight-seeing and exploring and I can't wait!  Hope you all have the best fortnight and have lots of bookish gossip for me when I get back!  See you all soon!

Labels:

35 36 37 38