15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books 7.0: Sunday

34
Bout of Books


Sunday's Stats

Books read from:  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins; Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
Pages read:  136 pages 
Books finished today:  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Read-a-thon totals so far:  858 pages

12:50pm

This is a hasty update before I head out for the afternoon but this morning I finished Book Number 2 so figured that deserved a mention!  It was really, really good and I actually preferred it in many ways to The Hunger Games (which I might have mentioned yesterday but I'm rushing so I don't want to go and check...sorry!).  And at the end of it, I scampered right off to dig out Mockingjay and get started. Sadly, I now have some chores to do and then I'm going out so I can't spend the afternoon in Panem, much though I might want to.

It's Boyfriend's Dad's birthday so we're going out to eat some delicious French food and generally ignore the fact that it's Monday tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be back in time to cram in a couple of chapters of Mockingjay, whip around fellow bout-of-bookers' blogs and post something about how many pages I haven't read because I've been stuffing my face.  Until then, HAPPY READING!

10.00pm

Guess what?  I haven't read anything! Actually, that isn't strictly true.  I did read 15 pages  of Mockingjay on the bus into Leeds earlier.  HOWEVER.  However, however, however. I have eaten the following:

www.brasserieblanc.com

Butterhead salad with anchovy, parmesan and a caesar dressing

Roast rack of free range cherry orchard pork with apple fritter, roast potatoes, cauliflower cheese, cabbage, carrots and green apple sauce

and

Hot chocolate mousse with pistachio ice cream

And it was all absolutely as good as it sounds.  It might not have been the huge, resounding sweep on pages that I'd half-hoped of for this afternoon but it was really lovely so I won't complain :)

I'm kind of sad that this will actually be the last Bout of Books 7.0 post I'll be posting.  This one has seen me hang out with some new people on Twitter, chat with friends and re-connect with a series I'd pretty much forgotten about.  If only it could be Bout of Books every week, right?  *blows kisses to all*

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38