15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

W...W...W...Wednesdays #1

34
Join the fun at Should Be Reading
So it seems that it's already Wednesday!  Given that the first half of my week has somehow disappeared without my quite getting round to bumbling through an update on my reading, we're doing it mid-week instead.  Plus, I've been thinking about trying some new memes and shaking things up around here so that's two things in one.  Boom.

To play along, just answer the following three (3) questions…
• What are you currently reading?
• What did you recently finish reading?
• What do you think you’ll read next?

What am I currently reading?

I've just about finished Red Gloves by Beth Vaughan, which is the first in the Epic of Palins trilogy.  When I picked it up from the library, I didn't know that there was a trilogy prior to it that was set in the same world (the Chronicles of the Warlands trilogy).  As it turns out, it doesn't matter and I've been pretty well and truly swept up over the past few days.  It's a bit rough around the edges and definitely isn't YA but it's also really quite good.  As soon as I've posted this, I'm planning on scuttling off to finish it!



What did I recently finish reading?


I read 0.4 by Mike Lancaster last week and it was SO GOOD.  I read it pretty much in a single mind-bending day and really enjoyed it.  I haven't branched off from fantasy into science fiction very much but after 0.4 it's something I'll be doing more often.  I may have already bought the next in the series, 1.4...

On Sunday, I finished The White Forest by Adam McOmber, which was a random pick from NetGalley that also turned out to be brilliant.  It was quite a slow-moving book but was fabulously written - if "literary fantasy" were a genre, this would be a wonderful example.

What do I think I'll read next?

This one's always tricky, isn't it?!  I have a couple of NetGalley books lingering on my eReader that I'm looking forward to it will probably be either Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder or John Saturnall's Feast by Lawrence Norfolk.  I read the first in Snyder's Healer series, Touch of Power, last December (review here) and really enjoyed it.  When I got approved for the next instalment, I was a happy reader indeed.  BUT I've read some glowing reviews of John Saturnall's Feast too and it's about withchy-foody stuff so...I don't know!  Watch this space, I guess!




Now it's your turn - tell me what you have been/are/are about to read!

Labels:

35 36 37 38