15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books: The Updates

34
Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

My goals for Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 5.0 can be found here.

This is where I'll be posting all of the update-y bits and pieces and throwing out random thoughts about books, birthdays and...balloons?  (Note: there probably will not be balloons.  It was the first 'b' word I thought of after 'birthdays'. If you're looking for balloons, you will be disappointed...)

If you're participating too, I hope that your week is going wonderfully! If you're not, I also hope that your week is going wonderfully, just for different reasons, obviously.

Ahem...

Monday 13 August 
Pages read today: (as at 9.21pm) 53 pages
Total pages read so far: 53 pages
Total books read so far: Just approaching the end of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson

Thoughts from Day 1 of the Read-A-Thon: EXCITED!  I love how sociable the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon is over on Twitter (#boutofbooks) and I'm excited about spending lots of time reading but also spending some time catching up on reviews and the blog in general.  53 pages so far isn't bad and I'm pretty sure that I'll finish the remaining 50 or so before going to sleep (because I kind of have to know how the story's going to end!). I'm definitely happy with 100+ for the first day!

Update: Total made it up to 102 pages on Monday night when I stayed up past my bedtime to read the end of Miss Buncle's Book.  A good day.

Tuesday 14 August
Pages read today:  167 pages
Total pages read so far:  269 pages
Total books read so far:  The end of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson; the first half of This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers

Thoughts from Day 2 of the Read-A-Thon:  I am BRAVE and can read about zombies.  Unless they're being zombie-ish, in which case I am not brave.  In addition to being very creepy, however, zombies make very compelling reading and I was glued to the book for the day.  Excellent for a read-a-thon.

Wednesday 15 August
Pages read today:  62 pages
Total pages read so far:  331 pages
Total books read so far:  The end of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson; most of This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers

Thoughts from Day 3 of the Read-A-Thon:  This Is Not A Test is still as addictive a book as ever, even if it's not exactly a perfect one.  The start of the birthday festivities heralded the start of a lowering of page counts, I think...

Thursday 16 August
Pages read today:  21 pages
Total pages read so far:  352 pages
Total books read so far:  The end of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson; most of This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers

Thoughts from Day 4 of the Read-A-Thon:  BIRTHDAY TIME!  Balloon O'Clock! :)

Friday 17 August 
Pages read today:  76 pages (as at 4.54pm)
Total pages read so far:  428 pages 
Total books read so far:  The end of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson; This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers; the start of Geist by Philippa Ballantine

Thoughts from Day 5 of the Read-A-Thon:  *sigh* 364 days until my birthday. On the plus side, I finished a book, which makes one whole book during the read-a-thon with a couple of days to go.  The ending of This Is Not A Test was a bit disappointing but the getting there was fun.  And now I know that I'm brave enough to read about zombies.  Win.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38