15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books 5.0: The Wrap-Up

34
Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

Phewf!  It seems like barely any time at all since I signed up for this and now it's all over?! What is up with this year flying by?  

I wasn't quite as involved in Bout of Books 5.0 as I was in Bout of Books 4.0.  Really, though, I knew that when I started so it was all ok.  The mini-challenges looked fab this time around so I was a bit sad that I didn't actually get round to taking part in any but I had a lovely week in general so I don't feel too blue!

So how did I do? My goal post is here and my updates (for Monday to Friday...) are here.

Saturday and Sunday weren't great reading days and I only got through about 28 pages of Geist by Philippa Ballantine.  It's still not going too well so I think that my slow progress towards the end of the read-a-thon is a combination of being out quite a bit and choosing a book with a slow start.  

Reading Goals

My final totals were:
Total pages read:  456 pages
Books read from:


Miss Buncle's Book was pretty great; This Is Not A Test was a bit flawed but really gripping so perfect read-a-thon fodder; Geist is a bit...*sigh* - so far, it feels a bit like hard work.

That is slightly more than I would normally read but since I was out and about a lot of the time, I'm more than happy overall, I think :)

Blogging Goals

I got a review posted for A Plea of Insanity by Priscilla Masters and reviews handwritten for The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie, Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn and Bridge of Birds: A Story of Ancient China that Never Was by Barry Hughart. It turns out, I'm much better at writing initial drafts of reviews by hand than writing them straight onto my computer!  That's definitely something good to come out of the read-a-thon!

I hope Bout of Books 5.0 went well for you all - how did you do against your goals?  Any new favourites?  Books to dodge?  Tips for the next Bout of Books?

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38