15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books 5.0: The Goals

34
Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

I had a brilliant time with the Bout of Books read-a-thon last time I took part and was kind of sad when I realised that this one coincided with my birthday, which meant that I'd be pretty busy.  I didn't want to sign-up and end up feeling disappointed with my progress so I very nearly passed up. This morning, though, I decided that I was in dire need of a bit of a break and  booked Thursday and Friday of this week off.  So even with all of the festivities, I'll still have plenty of spare time to get some reading done :)  What can I say?  I'm a sucker for a Bout of Books Read-A-Thon

If you're not already tempted to join the fun, perhaps this little note from the organisers will persuade you...

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal.  It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in.  Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week.  There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional.  For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books 5.0 team

Reading Goals

I started out this morning with just under 100 pages left of Miss Buncle's Book by D.E.Stevenson so first up will be to finish that.  Then I would love to get through two more books.  I usually average 1-1.5 books a week so that would be a good week of reading for me!

My shortlist at the moment (which is of course subject to my ever-changing reading whims) looks like this:



Blogging Goals

You might notice that it's been a little quiet around here recently.  I'm planning on dedicating Friday to getting over the post-birthday blues by finally catching up on some reviews. I'd like to get at least three scheduled.

So that's my week!  If you're taking part, are you reading from a shortlist or just going with whatever you fancy?  Whatever you're reading, HAVE FUN! :)

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38