15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

High Summer Read-A-Thon: Wrap-Up Post

34
This time last week, I was bemusedly signing up for another Read-A-Thon and just getting stuck into Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.  I also wanted to get to The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness.  


Revisit my not-so-lofty ambitions and daily updates here.

This was a lovely sedate Read-A-Thon - lots of focus on reading, with just a couple mini-challenges to keep the more post-happy participants happy too.  I took part in a picture based mini-challenge, drawing from Fahrenheit 451.  As usual, I realised that I don't race through books at nearly the rate of my peers but I also realised (as usual) that I love spending a week focussed on reading to kick me into getting away from the laptop and into the pages of my book.   

Saturday was a complete bust read-a-thon wise - I went on a trip to the seaside with Boyfriend and his family and it was lovely.  We strolled along the coast for a few miles, ate some delicious sea food and drank some beer in the sunshine.  It was a bloody brilliant Saturday.

I managed to make up for it on Sunday, however, when I flew through 247 pages, which happens to be more than I read in all of the other days of the Read-A-Thon combined.  All it took was a day that let me pull out the garden furniture that had been hiding from the rain in the shed and spend some time sprawled out with a great book with plenty of icy cold beverages (and sun lotion!).  It was a bloody brilliant Sunday.

My stats for the week ended up like this:

Total pages read:  458 pages
Total books read:  1 and a half - Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and (pretty much) half of The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness

And I found some new blogs and Twitter peeps to follow!  A good week, all told!

Hope all of you other read-a-thoners had a wonderful time too and got plenty of pages read :)

Labels:

35 36 37 38