15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

High Summer Read-A-Thon: Kick off post

34
I had a wonderful time doing the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon back in May but passed up on the Once Upon A Read-A-Thon last week because it covered a time that I was flat out busy and I would only have felt bad about my non-reading!  This week, however, although I know that I have fairly busy week at work coming up as a big project that I've been working on nears completion but I've also got some train journeys that will hopefully provide some time where I can get some reading done.  Also, Boyfriend is going out this Friday and I've intentionally not made other plans so that I can have some "quiet time" - it'll be nice to have something to focus my attention on books instead of idly watching back-to-back One Tree Hill high brow documentaries.  

Hosted by Michelle @ Seasons of Reading!  Stop by and sign up - you know that you want to!

THE GOALS

I started Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury this morning and I love it.  I will definitely be finishing that.  After that, I think I might return to the Chaos Walking series with The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness.  That's probably going to be all I'll get read since The Ask and the Answer tops 500 pages BUT if by some miracle I still have some time left, I think I'm going to go for...something that I haven't decided on yet!  Whatever I fancy :)


PROGRESS UPDATES

Monday 16 July 2012
Pages read today:  (as of 10.39pm) 39 pages
Total pages read so far:  39 pages
Total books read so far:  None

Thoughts from Day One of the Read-A-Thon:  I haven't actually been signed up for long enough to have many thoughts on it but so far they've gone from reading some of Fahrenheit 451 while having a coffee this morning to seeing the High Summer Read-A-Thon all over my GoogleReader and falling prey to temptation and joining up!  So a bit bemused, really.  And excited.

Tuesday 17 July 2012
Pages read today:  50 pages
Total pages read so far:  89 pages
Total books read so far:  The first part of Fahrenheit 451

Thoughts from Day Two of the Read-A-Thon:  Tuesday wasn't a great reading day - I got back from work pretty late so I squeezed in an hour before I slumped over my book and fell asleep :-s

Wednesday 18 July 2012
Pages read today:  58 pages
Total pages read so far:  147 pages
Total books read so far:  Two parts of Fahrenheit 451

Thoughts from Day Three of the Read-A-Thon:  In my head, Wednesday was a much better reading day but, as it turns out, I read pretty much the same amount of pages!  That's possibly because I spent the afternoon doing workshops at a local high school about "What it's like to be a lawyer" and it was EXHAUSTING!  Honestly, teenagers are hard work.  They were more interested in what lawyers earn than what they actually do all day, so it wasn't great fun.  So when I got home, I was frazzled and went for a long run to clear my head before settling down with my book.  Still, Fahrenheit 451 is still amazing so it's more quality than quantity this week, I think!

Thursday 19 July 2012
Pages today:  64 pages (as at 8.50pm)
Total pages read so far:  211 pages
Total books read so far:  One (Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury)

Thoughts from Day Four of the Read-A-Thon:  So it seems that my page count is growing daily, even if it's staying pretty small.  Today is turning out to be a good day and I'm planning on posting my mini-challenge post and then head off to start The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness.  Incidentally, how is it already Thursday?!  This week has FLOWN! Other thoughts?  I must read more Ray Bradbury and throw copies of Fahrenheit 451 at lots of my friends and members of my family.  Onward Read-A-Thoners!!



Friday 20 July 2012
Pages today:  23 pages (as at 8.48pm)
Total pages read so far:  234 pages
Total books read so far:  That would still be ONE (Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury)

Thoughts from Day Five of the Read-A-Thon:  WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK?!  No, not really.  It just happened to be one of those days that made me want to curl up away from a ringing phone and blippy email account and read a book in my pyjamas.  Which is actually what I'm about to go and do now.  Happy days indeed! :)

Labels:

35 36 37 38