15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

On Why You Should Always Read What You Want

34
A little while ago, I got myself into a reading rut.  I say "got myself into" because it was nothing to do with work being busy or anything other than my own choices.  I'm fairly sure that a lot of book bloggers will have got themselves into a similar situation: just one enthusiastic response to a review request too many and you end up looking longingly at all the books that you desperately want to read but feel as though you can't because then you won''t be able to meet all of the deadlines you've agreed to.

So anyway, on Thursday 24 May, I was doing this (plus a picture from Wednesday night, to prove that I don't always look like a maniac wielding beer glasses bigger than my head in bad lighting!)...



On Friday 25 May, I was doing this (i.e. taking pictures of our poor little car)...




So I've come to the conclusion that life is too short to spend even one minute thinking of reading as a burden.  It's too short for us to spend time looking at books that we want to read longingly but not actually picking them up and it is definitely too short to spend hours and hours reading books that just aren't quite for us.

I
f you ever take one teeny tiny piece of advice from this blog, let it be this: read what you want, when you want, how you want. There are few things that beat reading a truly brilliant story in utter comfort and I will never take it for granted again.  Or at least, I won't take it for granted for the next few months.  I'm not a saint, after all...:-s


Happy reading to all! I'm so glad to be back!!
35 36 37 38