15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon: The Update Post

34
Bout of Books Read-a-Thon

It's here!  The Bout of Books Read-A-Thon for May 2012 officially started this morning and this will be my update post for the week.  I'll be keeping track of pages read as well as books read even though it might turn into a logistical nightmare just because I want a number that'll move fast. 

If you missed my sign-up post and what to read more about my plans for the week, you can find it here.

Monday 14 May
Pages read today:  (as of 9.46pm) 127 pages
Total pages read so far:  127 pages
Total books read so far:  Part of The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan

Thoughts from Day 1 of the Read-A-Thon:  As I kind of expected, work got a little bit in the way but this evening I've read the first 127 pages of a wild-card library choice that has turned out to be not too bad at all!  I think there's plenty of mystery to keep things interesting over the next day or so and every now and then there are snippets that are wryly funny, so I'm a happy read-a-thoner.

Favour
ite quote of the day:
"And then she would be arrested...taken up by the Watch because of a watch. Yes, she reflected, a very amusing phrase.  You will probably laugh about it frequently when you are in prison" [Page 57]
I think it seemed funnier just because I wasn't expecting it and I'm pretty tired. Don't judge me.

Hope ever
yone else's read-a-thon is going swimmingly!



Tuesday 15 May
Pages read today:  Erm...*cough*8*cough*
Total pages read so far:  135 pages
Total books read so far:  Still on The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan

Thoughts from Day 2 of the Read-A-Thon:  You might have noticed that it wasn't the most productive of days...I'd been at my desk all day so when I got home, I really wanted some fresh air and chose running instead of reading.  Not conducive to read-a-thon progress but made me feel better so I'm ok with it.


Wednesday 16 May
Pages read today:  (as of 9.52pm)  38 pages
Total pages read so far:  171 pages
Total books read so far:  That would still be The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan

Thoughts from Day 3 of the Read-A-Thon:  It's weird looking at my page count because I actually thought that today was a lot more productive, reading-wise.  Still, the night isn't over yet and (when I've stopped being distracted by The Apprentice on TV) I'm taking myself off to bed to read some more.  Much though it doesn't look like it, I genuinely am enjoying the book I'm reading!  I'm out with some work friends tomorrow night so that's going to be less than read-a-thon-tastic but I'm looking forward to it!  I'll definitely be trying to squeeze something in at lunch and when I get back (unless I've had one too many celebratory glasses of wine...!).

Good luck for Day 4 Read-A-Thoners!


Thursday 17 May
Pages read today:  None...Oh, look over there - a bird! Yes, that's right...look away from the number.
Total pages read so far:  Still 171 pages
Total books read so far:  171 pages of The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan

Thoughts from Day 4 of the Read-A-Thon:  Oh look - another bird! *ahem*...


Friday 18 May
Pages read today:  34 pages
Total pages read so far:  205 pages 
Total books read so far:  Gosh, this is getting old now - STILL The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan

Thoughts from Day 5 of the Read-A-Thon:  I posted this disgraceful fact on Twitter but I got home full of good intentions, made some dinner, chatted to Boyfriend a bit, ate some sticky toffee pudding, had a glass of wine and curled up with a book at about 9.30ish.  Things were going great...until I fell asleep over said book at about 10.  I got woken up very unceremoniously by Boyfriend at midnight and dragged off to bed, mumbling something about wanting to just read a few more pages...oops!


Saturday 19 May
Pages read today:  233 pages (!!)
Total pages read so far:  438 pages
Total books read so far:  1 - FINALLY! 

Thoughts from Day 6 of the Read-A-Thon:  Today was a good day.  I'd read about 140 pages when I woke up early and was trying not to wake up Boyfriend and just stayed tucked up.  Despite my taking ages to read it, The Blackstone Key was actually very easy to read so just a few hours of not being distracted at work saw that off.  Sadly, I then couldn't decide what on earth to read and dithered about watching One Tree Hill and browsing the internet :-s  But I was definitely pleased with the day overall.


Sunday 20 May
Pages read today:  36 pages
Total pages read so far:  474 pages
Total books read so far:  1 and 36 pages of The Secret History of the Pink Carnation by Lauren Willig

Thoughts from Day 7 of the Read-A-Thon:  It's not been a very productive day, reading wise, because I've been packing (and panicking about stuff not fitting!), driving over to my mum and dad's (I'm flying from near their house), visiting my younger sister in her new flat, going out for dinner and other such lovely but non-reading related activities!


So that's my Bout of Books, ladies and gentlemen!  I had a WONDERFUL time and it was so sociable and I got to find loads of new blogs and put aside more time for reading than I usually would.  LOVED. IT.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38