15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? #6

34

Ah, Monday, you are nobody's friend.  BUT I will forgive you your general sins because you allow me the opportunity to tell everyone what I'm reading, courtesy of Sheila @ BookJourney.  It could be worse.

It feels as though it's been a good week for reading here in the LitAddictedBrit household.  I've had a lot of train journeys to and from meetings and I know that I should have been working and reading papers, I kind of may have sort of spent some of them reading...:-s  Still, at least it got me reading again, right?!


What have I read in the past week?

It's been a while since I read the first but I recently got a serious urge to pick up the second book in Brent Weeks' Night Angel series (Shadow's Edge) and the second turned out to be even better!  Honestly, I finished it and just stared at my eReader on the train doing an impression of someone who had taken complete leave of their senses.  If I'd had the third one on my eReader at the time, I'd probably still be looping around Yorkshire on the train reading it. 

Then I spoke to my Dad who was reading Snowdrops by A.D. Miller and persuaded me that I should pick it up too.  He bought me a copy for Christmas so I had it handy.  I read it in just a few days and declared myself on a roll.  It was shortlisted for the Man Booker prize last year but that obviously doesn't mean it will be great.  As it happened, it was.  It wasn't always the best story but it was an extremely well-written portrait of the Russian underworld.  Definitely worth reading!

What am I reading now?

After reading about how amazing Kelley Armstrong for a long time, I finally got round to buying and reading Bitten. As is so often the case, everyone was right. There are plenty of werewolves (as the name would suggest) but in a more vicious and properly animalistic way. I'm really enjoying it and I'm about 100 pages from the end so am pretty much at the point where I snarl at anyone who interrupts me...

What am I planning on reading this week?

I've had a bit of a grotty day at work today so when I passed the library on the way home from work and it was OPEN (which is a minor miracle, believe me), I ducked in to cheer myself up. I snatched up Before I Go To Sleep by S.J.Watson (because I'm totally in love with the idea for reminding me of the film Memento), The Man in the Picture by Susan Hill (because I loved The Woman in Black), Virals by Kathy Reichs (because Ellie at Musings of A Bookshop Girl said it was good and it struck my fancy) and The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan (which I've never even heard of but which looked good and because I fancied picking up a curve ball while I was there). So it'll be on of those! Any recommendations :)


Happy Monday to all :)

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38