15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

In My Mailbox #3: The 'e' Version

34
I got back from the Lake District this afternoon after a weekend away and made a deal with myself that I would be 'allowed' to catch up on book blogs and actually write a post (I know, crazy!) once I'd finished Pure.  So I dutifully curled up on the sofa by the fire in the living room and settled in for...well, a nap, apparently.  Even though the end is right there staring me in the face, I can't summon the inclination to actually read it.  This is one book that has been a heck of a slog!

ANYway, we'll get on to the point of the post, shall we?  Sharing the contents of my less-than-bursting mailbox as part of The Story Siren's In My Mailbox!

It's been a quite few weeks at the LitAddictedBrit household as far as book buying goes. While I was signing up for the TBR Pile Challenge, I realised (as I occasionally do) just how many great books I have already waiting for me on my shelves and feel guilty about adding to them.  

I couldn't, however, resist the brilliant eBook sale over at Kobo at the start of the New Year and these few little beauties snuck their way into my Inbox...



I've wanted A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness for what seems like ages - I love the idea of daemons, witches and vampires running around Oxford's Bodleian Library and can't wait to read this! I've seen mixed reviews but I'm ignoring them for the time being in blind excitement.  

Another idea that I'm curious about? Time travel.  It fascinates me and I quite fancied Alex Scarrow's sci-fi take on it about an agency that nobody knows exists but whose aim is to fix broken history.  TimeRiders is the first in a series so I'm hoping it'll be a good one.  

I don't really know why I picked Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan.  It was in a sale, sure, but I've been a bit out of love with paranormal romance of late.  Perhaps this will be my way back into love with it?!  It's described as "a haunting story of friendship, love and secrets, tragedy and loss" and has an immortal lady in it.  Plus, it's pretty.  That makes no difference to me because it's an eBook but still...it is.

One other happy moment was when Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning arrived in the library.  After all the rave reviews of the last in the series released last year, I've been keeping an eye out for a while.  My patience eventually ran out and I requested it from the local library. Then, due to its ridiculous opening hours, I waited a further week to be able to leave work early enough to make it home in time to collect it. It's here now and I'm looking forward to hanging out with the Fae soon!

So what's in your mailbox this week? 

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38