15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

September and October in Books (or, an excuse for me to indulge in spreadsheet/list fun...)

34
I had meant to put up an 'It's Monday! What Are You Reading' post but it's somehow got to be Wednesday and, well, I didn't!  So, instead, I've been having a nosy at the terribly geeky spreadsheet I keep on the books I'm reading...

You may wonder why I haven't included August (or, I suppose, you may not!) but that's because August was largely taken up with reading Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke so that's that settled!  

September and October looked a little bit like this:  


Complete books read:  10

Pages read:  3,129


Made up of: 

September
Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke
Steam and Sorcery by Cindy Spencer Paper
The Small Hand by Susan Hill
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
The Auschwitz Violin by Maria Angels Anglada






October
Fallen by Lauren Kate
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
The Inquisitor's Apprentice by Chris Moriarty

 



eBooks v. 'Real' books:  Of the ten books I read over September and October, 6 were eBooks.  Even my mathematically challenged brain can work out that's 60%.  As the year goes by, this percentage is increasing.  I guess that sooner or later I should stop keeping track of this particular statistic.  I'm reading the paperbacks I own at a faster rate than I'm buying them while I'm acquiring eBooks at least as fast as I'm reading them.  That will most definitely carry on while we live in our current house (since we aren't planning on extending to include the library of my dreams) so eBooks it is!

Female v. Male authors:  Of the ten books I read over September and October, 6 were written by women.  60% again it is.  I'm going to need some new things to keep track of next year!  Earlier in the year, I thought that my gender ratio was all off.  It turns out that, although I still lean a little towards the ladies, it's clearly not as drastic as I thought!

Classic v. Contemporary:  Rather shamefully, I've only read one 'classic' over the past couple of months.  I did start and finish The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde last night but, seeing as that was technically November, I'm not counting it...as always, I know I should be reading more classics.  I always mean to but these modern books are just so shiny and in my face and I am just that shallow.  Sorry, classics... Q_Q

Currently Reading:  I started Eragon by Christopher Paolini last night and am about one chapter in so no strong opinions yet.  My best friend has raved about this series for years and finally wore me down!  I'm not really sure about the whole dragon thing but we usually have really similar taste in books so we'll see...fortunately, I managed to get the eBook from my library's eBook site so at least I can try out dragons without having to spend any money!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahhh..that should curb my addiction to statistics until the end of the year :)  Hope you're all having great bookish Autumns! 

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38