15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Back with a hop!

34
Hello again fellow bloggers and fabulous readers!

I arrived back from Italy yesterday afternoon, partly sad at my holiday being over and partly glad to be home. We got through a ton of sight-seeing, lots of delicious red wine and an extremely unhealthy amount of divine food and generally had a wonderful time. Seeing as this clearly isn't a travel blog, I won't bore you with the details but I definitely recommend Venice, Florence (and Sienna and Pisa..) and Rome to you all!

I happily got through a few books too so there will be reviews up as soon as I've gathered my post-holiday thoughts :) A little bit of fantasy, a little bit of humour and a little bit of history so a bit of mixture coming up!


I thought that seeing as I was all rejuvinated from my time away, I'd take part in the Book Blogger Hop for this weekend! It's been a while since I took part, mainly because this is the first Friday I'm not at work in a while.



This week's question: If you were given the chance to spend one day in a fictional world (from a book), which book would it be from and where would that place be?


My first reaction to this post was the site of Kingsbridge Cathedral in twelfth-century England as beautifully crafted by Ken Follett in Pillars of the Earth. My head is filled with images of all the stunning Italian cathedrals and churches I have seen over the past couple of weeks and I can only imagine how inspirational and awe-inspiring it must be to see the vision and expertise it must take to turn a bunch of rocks into such a sight. Plus, I love the thought of experiencing medieval England in all its grim reality!

Although I teetered for a second towards The Seven Kingdoms of Kristin Cashore's Graceling because I'd be curious to find out what my 'Grace' would be, if I had one, I'm sticking with my gut reaction in Kingsbridge, even though I know that a day wouldn't give me long to explore!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Even if you aren't participating in the Hop this weekend, I'd love to hear where you'd all like to travel to! If you are participating, I can't wait to read your posts :)

Labels:

35 36 37 38