15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

(Some waffle and..) The 2011 TBR Pile Challenge!!!

34

Hosted by: Roof Beam Reader

This ties in nicely with my most recent post on the 'TBR Dare' - seeing as I'm going to be attempting to stick to those books I already own, I might as well be laying down some ground rules or, more specifically, sticking to those laid down by others...SO, here's the deal:

The Goal:
To finally read 12 books from your "to be read" pile, within 12 months.

Specifics:


1. Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or "To Be Read" list for AT LEAST one full year. This means the book cannot have a publication date of 1/1/2010 or later (any book published in the year 2009 or earlier qualifies, as long as it has been on your TBR pile - I WILL be checking publication dates). Caveat: Two (2) alternates are allowed, just in case one or two of the books end up in the "can't get through" pile.

2. To be eligible, you must sign-up with Mr. Linky below - link to your list (so create it ahead of time!) and add updated links to each book's review. Every listed book must be completed and must be reviewed in order to count as completed.

3. Your list must be posted by Friday, December 31st, 2010.

There's more information over at the sign-up post here - to be honest, if you haven't checked out Roof Beam Reader already while blogging around, shame on you! The reviews are particularly interesting and penned by...wait for it...a MAN! So yeh, it's awesome, go there now! Why not sign up for the challenge while you're there?! :)

On to the list!!! The 12 books I plan on reading are:

  1. Arthur and George by Julian Barnes
  2. The Night Watch by Sarah Waters
  3. Loving Frank by Nancy Horan
  4. The Girl at Lion D'Or by Sebastian Faulks
  5. Possession by A.S.Byatt
  6. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostotevsky
  7. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke
  8. To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
  9. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  10. A Changed Man by Francine Prose
  11. Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann
  12. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

And my two reserves (because some of those might beat me..we'll see..) are:

  1. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
  2. Sacred Games by Vikram Chandra

On a festive aside, my boyfriend and I went to lovely York today to use our pre-Christmas leave to finish off our present buying - I snapped this little picture hastily on my phone (because it was snowing and my boyfriend said I was being embarassing!) and thought I'd share even if it isn't the best picture...aah, York is such a beautiful city in places - particularly while hugging a mug of mulled wine and buying presents!!! :)

35 36 37 38