15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Doubling up and hitting 50...

34

I'd like to first point out that 'hitting 50' does not refer to my age - it refers to my super excitement about having reached 50 followers!! I'm extremely grateful to all of you and it makes me ever more happy that I joined this cute little blogging community! So THANK YOU for your support!!



Second, I recently attempted something very out of character for me - reading two books at once. Usually I am most definitely a one-book girl. When I last did this experiment (some years ago), I just found that I very quickly preferred one of the other and just focused on that, meaning I didn't so much read two books at once as start one, put it down, read another and then finish the one I started first.


My motivation for trying this again was that my book of choice at the time (prompted no doubt by a televised adaptation of its prequel) was World Without End by Ken Follett. I don't know if you've seen this nifty paperback but at over 1,200 pages it's a TOME. I'm loathed to buy an ebook copy simply because I already have a 'real' copy and it seems needlessly frivolous. Equally though, I can't face carrying this around in my handbag every day. SO, I thought, why not read World Without End when I'm at home and read an eBook on my commute?

Because, as per my last forray into this, I read 20 pages of WWE and then started The Study Train..(check out my 'Currently Reading' on the right) on my journey the next morning and promptly got so engrossed in it that it became my 'home read' too. WWE is still next to my bed but it's again waiting patiently in line while I finish off The Study Train...ah well, at least I tried (again)!

So, it got me thinking - how on earth do other people go about reading two books at once? Or do you, like me, just not do it to avoid confusion and battles of 'which to read' etc?

Perhaps I should just man up and carry WWE around for a while...
35 36 37 38