Saturday, 7 August 2010

Book Blogger Hop: 6-9 August - Do you listen to music when you read?

Hello hoppers all!

So it's Saturday afternoon and I finally got around to
hopping! The question this week was:

Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favourite reading tunes?


I tend to multi-task at all times - I'll browse the internet while I'm watching TV, make phone calls while I'm cooking and have been known to tidy up while I'm brushing my teeth. But for some reason, I never mix reading with anything! I love listening to music and I love to read but I just can't mix the two - I just get jumbled and concentrate on neither. If I'm reading, I like to focus and get right into a story and if I'm listening to music, I like to warble along. I hate feeling like I've read the same paragraph over and over, which is what tends to happen if I'm trying to read while listening to music or watching TV.


Although, having said that, if I'm on a train I'll occasionally plug in my iPod to block out any irritating conversations I find myself earwigging on unintentionally - and, if I do, it has to be something without words...



Hope everyone enjoys the hop - hopefully will see some new (blog)faces this weekend and some of my favourites :)

8 comments:

  1. I like silence. Beautiful silence. Sometimes a little French music is nice.

    I found you via Blog Hop. I am now a follower. I'd love to have you stop by my blog and become a follower:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to listen to music too while traveling. Too many distractions that prevent me from getting into my zone. I can only listen to wordless music. I wouldn't be able to focus on both the song lyrics and the book content.

    Discovered your blog via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never listen to music and certainly not when I'm reading! I also multitask - do lots of things at the same time, but reading is the time when I sit down and monotask!

    Happy reading and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stopping by via the hop! I like your blog and am a new follower :) have a great weekend.

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm just stopping by from the hop. I like the look of your blog and I am now a follower. Have a good Sunday!
    bookbee
    http://thebookbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi, i just gave you a blog award, check it out on my blog


    booksarelikepeople.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you via the Hop. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Janna
    http://www.primoreads.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping on through to say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete