15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Mailbox Monday #1

34


This is a weekly meme started off at The Printed Page but shortly going on tour - I've seen it on so many blogs that I thought it was about time I got in on it too!

Basically, you share what books have arrived in your mail (or letter..) box the previous week but by the looks of things, it also extends to books you've bought and (in my case) smuggled onto the bookshelves before trying to claim that "they've been there all along"..

So, this week I got a free £10 evoucher for Amazon as a little reward for being a Lovefilm customer - what else could that be but books? This meant I got:

..for £4.77. Brilliant!

I decided I 'had to have' Fire after finishing Graceling (Cashore's first novel) and am really looking forward to reading it.

I read about Shadow during a Waterstone's feature on up and coming Swedish crime writers, stemming I guess from the success of The Girl Who Played With Fire (et al.) by Stieg Larrson, which I have tucked away somewhere but am yet to read. Anyway, the story sounds intriguing.

And, finally, I read The Historian by Kostova a couple of years ago and remember liking it so, while I was at it, I bought that too!

Labels:

35 36 37 38