Thursday, 8 July 2010

Library raid #1: Epic fail...

I've almost finished creeping myself out with 'The Angel's Game' (hopefully review will be up tomorrow!) so I thought that today would be a good time to check out my local library and hit two birds with one library-card-shaped stone. So I bobbled home on the bus, got off, strolled along only to find it has changed its opening hours and was closed...oh...

It turns out that now, being a full-time worker and library-goer needs better planning. So, a little local internet research later on, and I know that the library is now closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It is, however, open for a few hours on Fridays and Saturdays so better luck to me next time...

Hopefully I'll be making some headway on my challenges soon!

4 comments:

  1. So frustrating, better luck next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, I've recovered from my irritation now - after a relaxing trip to the library of course :)

    Collection for the weekend is nicely boosted so now all I need is some sun to read it in!

    Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say hi and let you know how much I am enjoying your posts, I just sort of stumbled in via book blogs, nice to find a new blog to enjoy.
    Library opening is frustrating, more funding for libraries, so we can have better opening hours. Happy blogging and may your book hunting be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    Thanks :) It's a work in progress but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

    I would definitely back more funding for libraries because they can be so great when they're well stocked and kept - obviously, being open is also a bonus!

    I just checked out your blog and love that you did a Terry Pratchett challenge. I wish I had started blogging and doing challenges at the beginning of the year - I'm definitely in next time!

    ReplyDelete